A few basic questions to ask yourself about Key Account Management:
- What is a key account and why is it a key account?
- How do you identify one from existing accounts?
- What makes an account attractive to you?
- Why is your company attractive to a buyer?
- How to determine the criteria to select key accounts?
- Overall or by segment?
- How do you manage a key account and who is the best person/people to manage it?
- What are the key components of a key account development plan?
- How do you develop an account plan and over what time frame?
- How many people have the responsibility for managing a key account?
More and more companies are faced with the challenge of their revenue stream coming from a smaller number of large accounts. That in itself raises serious questions as to who controls who, and how do you manage the larger number of small accounts?
A compelling question – what impact does a key account have on your overall business strategy?
Key account management is a process that requires sustained input and has specific objectives at its core.
We have a process to help you develop a first class key account management system – think about it…